Monday, May 18, 2015

Summer is coming!!!!

Hey hey the best few months of the year is just around the corner. Bbq's, beaches, camping, tanning, 4 wheeling, bonfires... complete freaking bliss!
Time to get the dresses, shorts, skirts, sandals, bathing suits and capris out!
Soooo many full figured ladies are too damn hot in summer because we feel we need to cover it all up. You don't! Feel free to put a cute dress on, a tank top and a bathing suit on. It is a very short period of time of sun and heat so soak it in and enjoy it. Do not feel you HAVE to cover up being a bigger lady. I don't know why society is such on the verge of making bigger girls feel like we don't belong or shouldn't be able to wear what everyone else is wearing in the summer. News flash.. there has been full figured people since the beginning of damn time!
Now I have a HUGE secret to tell you. I know exactly how to get a beach body like in 5 minutes. Ready.... you go to the beach...with your body ;) BAM mind blown right!!! Honestly there are so many bathing suits and cute little laced covers, I promise you if you look around you will find something you love and are comfortable in. For example I found a bathing suit top at Wal-Mart with a under wire for support, cheetah print...love it. Holds the ta ta's up and looks awesome with my little brown skirt bottom I have. It was only 20$... and that's how I like it ;). Don't feel so insecure at the beach or pool side in your swim wear. If people look let them but most won't. And for those that do its out of ignorance or jealousy so brush it off and enjoy your time with your friends, family or whoever you are there with!
Dresses are my favourite! I began my love for dresses about a year or so ago. I figured out what shape of dress is for me (A line) and now I rock them on a regular. Forever21 has really cute ones. You can shop online. Its a Canadian store. Shipping is super quick and prices are awesome. You really can't beat it. Old Navy is another place I love to go for dresses. Good thing is you can try them on there. Also there's an Old Navy almost everywhere so no issues taking stuff back if you need to.
Even though dresses are my fav clothing item for summer months I need to be careful when I'm wearing them. Work, great! Summer bbq at a friends or my place, great. Walking the Zoo for an hour or more, not great. Anywhere where there is a lot of walking period not great lol. I don't do the spanx or any of that so chafing happens because of my wonderful thighs! And if anyone can relate you understand completely how uncomfortable that is. Walk a little spread wiggle, move on. Made that mistake a few times and it won't happen again! If I feel like I really want to wear a dress on a walking day Ill throw some black tights on.
Sandals. Love sandals. Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate socks! You can get such cute sandals. I love flats and wedges the most myself. With that being said..if you are going to wear sandals..girl please paint those damn toes. Painting my toes is a whole damn task. My belly is a tad round and big and my arms a little short so moving around to get to every toe is like a damn work out with a couple breaks for breathers. But hey I make sure my toes are painted. If I am doing it you can too!
Ill be buying my first pair of shorts this year since like god... I don't remember ever buying shorts for myself ever. Once I buy them I will let you know how it goes. I would love to find a cute ripped jean short. The thing with shorts they ride up, at least they always did whenever I tried to wear them. The annoying things right!
Tanks!!! I love tanks. I got big arms but that will never stop me from wearing cute tank tops and it shouldn't stop you either. There are so many different styles out there and colors and patterns. You can layer them which I love to do or not whatever. And who doesn't want some color on their arms and chest!?!?! That's right! So go find some cute tanks and rock them and love them!!
Remember once you start loving yourself and realizing you are sexy and beautiful then nothing and no one else matters. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Love yourself first then everything else will fall into place. This I can promise you!

Stay you
Stay true
Stay confident


Julie ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment