Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How was your summer?

Been a bit guys! I was enjoying my summer too much :)
How was your summer?
I myself went to the beach more then I ever have. And I wore a freaking bathing suit more this summer then I have in omg years...years!! No one pointed or whispered behind my back. But honestly if they were I didn't notice I was having too much fun with my kid! I wore shorts! I haven't worn shorts in 20 years! I now have two pair!
This summer I drank and ate what I wanted, when I wanted. Guess what? I loved it haha! I also decided that I for myself would like to get rid of some of this weight. I will tell you why.
It is not because society expects me to want too. Its not because I want to wear certain things. Its not because I'm depressed. I already don't give a shit want society thinks and I wear exactly what I want too. ( well except for bright colored skinny jeans) I'm doing it for life. Life.
I realized with all the activities and fun I was having with my family I couldn't keep up. I ran out of breath far too quickly playing with my daughter. I got tired and lazy on trails and adventures. I didn't feel comfortable on certain rides I went on with her at the exhibition. I had to ask my husband and daughter to slow down far too many times for my liking. AND as much as I have conquered many fears this summer I totally hit realization and feel like shit for other things. So here comes a lifestyle change.
A lot has changed for me these past couple months. One being my job. I now work for a new company and I am working from home. I enjoy it a lot! :) At first I didn't know how I'd be because I am very social but so far it is the best decision I have ever made! I enjoy what I do. I am treated well. Here's some major plus sides to working from home and trying to be healthy.
No more frigging potlucks! First of all I myself think they are gross. Unless it is store bought or coming from someone you know well... don't touch that shit. You don't know who is tasting it and using the same utensils for stirring. You don't know who doesn't wash their damn hands. And you don't know if they spit in it or if they picked there nose and rubbed it all over the food. Potlucks should only be with close friends and family.
No more cafe. No more McDonald's across the street. No more quick drives to fast food places!
I have all healthy food in my house for me during the day. With meal prep Mondays it makes it easy!
I will never be skinny. I was skinny till like maybe age of 7. I don't wish to be skinny. Want to know my goal?!? 50pds in one year. Believe me... me losing 50pds will not make me skinny.But I could probably be more fun with my daughter. 50pds from when I started is 4 pounds monthly. I will not be doing any quick fixes or fads. Been there, done that... more than once and I always gain back. I will prove that a healthy lifestyle is all you need. Eat well, exercise. Ill still totally have my pizza and chips once and awhile. I will never deprive myself of anything.. that would be a disaster!
Anyways I hope you all had a fantastic summer! Fall is here and its boots and sweater season ♥♥♥

Be True
Be You
Be Confident

Julie ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment